Laser Tattoo Removal
The most effective way of removing tattoos is what is known as Laser Tattoo Removal, which is a safe and effective procedure of applying laser technology deep into the skin pigment to lighten and eventually, make tattoos disappear.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Preparing For The Procedure
- During your consultation, you will be asked to provide a medical and surgical history.
- The tattoo to be removed along with its surrounding areas will be assessed to estimate the number of laser “shots” or pulses and sessions needed.
- Photographs may also be taken to compare before-and-after results.
How The Procedure is Done
- The area to be treated is prepared by cleansing with an antiseptic solution
- Local anesthesia (EMLA) is applied for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- The laser treatment is started. The amount of laser pulses differ depending on the size and type of tattoo.
- The laser precisely targets the pigment of the tattoo without damaging the surrounding skin.
- The treatment takes 30 minutes depending on the area to be treated.
After The Procedure
- An ice pack is applied immediately after the procedure to cool the area.
- An antibiotic cream must be applied a few days after each treatment.
- Scarring is rare. But there have been instances of blistering or slight bleeding after the treatment.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure. Protect your skin with products such as Celesty UV White
- A sterile bandage must be worn a week after the treatment to protect the area and to aid healing.