At Shinagawa, we perform a Syringoma Removal treatment which makes use of our Fractional CO2 procedure to remove stubborn benign, painless tumors that form within the sweat ducts due to hyperactive sweat glands or hereditary factors.
Syringomas may appear one at a time or in clusters. They often appear under the eyes but they can also appear elsewhere on the face, armpits, chest, abdomen or genitalia. Unlike warts, they pose no threat of spreading but since they are unsightly, many opt to have them removed.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
What Are The Benefits of Syringoma Removal?
- it is a non-invasive
- less risk of scarring
- minimal pain
- minimal downtime (about one week)
Preparing For The Procedure
- During the consultation, you may be asked to apply a topical cream to be applied a few weeks prior to the procedure.
- You may also be asked to discontinue certain medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
How The Procedure is Done
- A topical anesthetic may be applied prior to the laser treatment to ensure the comfort of the client.
- The laser works by applying heat deep within the sweat ducts to stimulate collagen production and then flatten syringomas.
After The Procedure
- Avoid picking at the syringomas immediately after.
- Minimal swelling is normal and should subside after 2 to 3 days.
- A deep peel may be prescribed two weeks after the procedure to further smooth out the area.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure to avoid hyperpigmentation.